Parenting is one of the most important jobs you’ll ever have. And Ryan Specialty is here to help you with parental leave, support for breast-feeding while you travel for work, adoption assistance and a general maternity and parenting support app.
Time Off for Bonding
The months following the birth of a child is your time to bond with baby, develop your parenting skills, and possibly help your partner transition into parenthood, too. Ryan Specialty provides eight weeks of paid parental leave for the birth, adoption, or legal placement of a child.
Financial Benefits to Support You
Adopting a child can be expensive. Our adoption assistance program, through Benefit Resource Inc., is here to help you and includes the following benefits.
- Reimburses 80% of expenses relating to adoption, up to $5,000
- Reimburses 80% of expenses relating to special needs adoptions, up to $10,000
- Expenses may include but are not limited to:
– Public or private agency fees
– Court costs and legal fees
– Foreign adoption fees
– Medical costs
– Transportation costs
For more information about Adoption Assistance, visit benefitresource.com or call 800.473.9595.
Maternity and Family Support
Members enrolled in a Blue Cross and Blue Shield medical plan can access Ovia Health at no cost. Its mobile app connects you to:
- Unlimited messaging with registered nurse health coaches
- Health assessment and symptom tracking
- Personalized health and wellness programs in infertility, breastfeeding, mental health, birth planning, preterm delivery, and more
- Career and return-to-work programs
- Child development checklist
- Pregnancy calendar and daily baby updates
Find the Ovia Health app on Google Play or the App Store. Choose “I have Ovia Health as a benefit” before tapping “Sign-up,” select BCBSIL as your health plan, and enter Ryan Specialty.
Breast Milk Delivery Service For Traveling Moms
As a mother of an infant, traveling can be stressful. It can be even more stressful if you’re breastfeeding and trying to ensure baby has your milk when you’re not home. Milk Stork provides refrigerated, express shipping, or easy toting of breast milk home to your baby while you are traveling. Simply call Milk Stork, pay for the service directly, and then we will issue you a 100% reimbursement for business travel, up to $500 per calendar year.
Contact Milk Stork for information on this program. You can call member services at 877.242.1306, Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m.-8 p.m. CST or email email@example.com.